DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD General

NetBSD General Other questions regarding NetBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th September 2010
New User

Default Atheros Wifi NetBSD on a Sparc64

Hello BSD-community,

Excuse me if this post has been previously answered, and when it is so, I would love the redirection.

I have a Sun Microsystems Ultra 60 Creator 3D computer that is running NetBSD 5.0.2. I have installed a simple PCI wireless card that has an Atheros chipset, so the system recognizes ath0. I'm tried manipulating the options with ifconfig and wpa_supplicant to get the network card to connect to my router. I've tried just about everything I can think of plus reading other similiar issues online.

After running wpa_supplicant with the following line:
wpa_supplicant -i ath0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
it says "Bus error (core dumped)"

Running the same command except with option "-d": Tells me it runs up to the end of my wpa_supplicant.conf file but fails when it finishes reading and trys "initializing interface (2) 'ath0'"

Could this be because I'm insane for trying to run a normal PCI wireless card in a Sun Sparc64 Workstation? :\
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 27th September 2010
Shell Scout

Hello,

To check this further can you plug different PCI device that is supported by NetBSD and check if it works? The problem maybe alsa related to the atheros card only.

What about the OpenBoot of Solaris? Are you able to run some device test before booting NetBSD (you must need probably original SUN keyboard to access that).

Sorry but this is quite unusual problem- try asking port-sparc64@netbsd.org also.

Kr,

Piotr.