DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th October 2008
Spam Deminer

Default FreeBSD 7 and RapidShare

I want download some file from RapidAShare , we have many program can do this for us and we can download all section of files and use them
can I find something like that for FreeBSD ???
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th October 2008
Arp Constable

It's called a web browser.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th October 2008
Spam Deminer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
It's called a web browser.
we program in windows make by JAVA
and we give all links rapidshare and this program start download all of them
for example I want download movie form rapidsahre and this movie is 7 parts in rapidshare if I want use browser like firefox I must downlaod part one and after 20 minute download part 2 and ...
this take many time
I want something like that for FreeBSD .
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th October 2008
Banned

It would seem that you didn't try searching for a utility yourself.

http://www.sourceforge.net/search/?t...rds=rapidshare

This does appear rather suspicious.. downloading movies?
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th October 2008
Arp Constable

This would probably break the rapidshare terms of use.

Quote:
Download

* In order to use the infrastructure of RapidShare free of cost, you have to wait the given time for the download to start. You can download a certain amount of data per hour. If the volume is exceeded, a notice will appear.
* At breach of the conditions of use, the user might be permanently banned from the free service.
* Anyone writing a program with the aim to breach the conditions of use, will be prosecuted and made liable for any damage caused.
* RapidShare reserves the right to block access that is being used by several customers at the same time.

At violation of our Conditions of use, we are authorized to block your access and delete your files. If you write programs aiming to violate our Conditions of Use, you will be prosecuted and made liable for any losses occurred.

For such usage as you've stated, you are likely in the legal sense required to use RapidShare Manager, or sit their and manually drive your web browser.

If the companies terms are not acceptible to you, I suggest you use a different download service to disturbute home made films. If they are illegally rapidshared media, I would suggest you to actually purchase the film; rather then attempt to doubly circumvent the law, as the case may be.

Personal Disclaimer: daemonforums.org is not a p2p information center.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th October 2008
FreeBSD 2.2.6 User

If you don't like rapidshare, there're plenty of easier ways to share files. BitTorrent is a wonderful, robust, and open protocol that is not encumbered by those sorts of limitations. Let's assume you're trying to get home movies that your grandma uploaded to the internet since her email provider won't let her send files that big. It may be in her best interests to use a more flexible means of sending you such things. As an aside, Java apps should work on FreeBSD. Just installed the java/jdk16 port and run it.

Honestly, if you're going to make use of a given provider, you ought to follow its terms of use. It's not like you're paying them (and there are some paid file sharing web services that cost like $1 USD per month for up to 5 gigs of space... above and beyond that, personal web hosting accounts with a lot of monthly transfer and many many gigs of storage are very cheap nowadays with many providers, too.)
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th October 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Quote:
If you write programs aiming to violate our Conditions of Use, you will be prosecuted and made liable for any losses occurred.
lol good luck with that court battle rapidshare
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th October 2008
FreeBSD 2.2.6 User

The only thing that rapidshare could actually get anyone prosecuted for is something like child abuse photos or something of that nature. It'd have to be content-related, and the content would have to be *really* illegal (child abuse, terrorist plots, etc - not something like, say, how to make home-made drug paraphernalia.)
They could go after you civilly, but it'd be a cool case to bring to court - someone writing software isn't actually accessing rapidshare's servers, so a case against them would be nigh impossible to actually win, especially if the software author left it to end-users to type in "rapidshare.com" or whatever.
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th October 2008
Arp Constable

Practicality of prosecution aside, there is also a matter of respecting terms of use, as you would wish your own to be respected :-P

Old 20th October 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
Practicality of prosecution aside, there is also a matter of respecting terms of use, as you would wish your own to be respected :-P
I absolutely agree. I just found that legal threat in their TOS kind of funny.