DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Other Operating Systems > Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like

Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like Any other flavour of BSD or UNIX that does not have a section of its own.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 30th August 2008
Port Guard

Default Recovering LVM2 partition...

Hi all,

A week ago I tried to add 2 new hard drives to an old server, with the motivation of using it as a file server. The servers uses Debian Etch with LVM2. The main hard drive haves /boot in hda1 and / in hda5 which is LVM2 (I think ext3).
I tried to add the new hard drive to the LVM so the / haves much more space. The problem is in the middle of the process I had to stop and some days later I shut down the machine because.... simply didn't remember why it was On.
Anyway I could not imagine it would not boot. It complains "Volume group "joscar" not found".
I really dont remember what I did or what guide I used, because I am an absolute newbie in LVM...
So now, I want to recover the data on the disk. I boot up with a ubuntu live cd, I install lvm2 support etc... but it does NOT mount it...

How can I mount a LVM partition like that in a livecd or another computer?

Thank you very much