DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Other Operating Systems > Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like

Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like Any other flavour of BSD or UNIX that does not have a section of its own.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th June 2008
Spam Deminer

Default Multi-boot system with Mac

Multi-boot system with Mac
I would know as is simple to use linux systems and bsd (and perhaps also solaris) on a system mac.

Who has a mac, could you tell me how does the live openbsd and maybe even some Linux distros?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th June 2008
Spam Deminer

http://refit.sourceforge.net/

You'll want to use the rEFIt boot manager. It makes things easier, even thought it's possible to just use the standard firmware loader to boot other operating systems. I have not tried the latter. If you do want to use the firmware loader, then you'll want to use eLilo or GRUB 2 (unstable) as your bootloader because they support booting on EFI. Installation and compatibility will vary based on distribution. I'm not sure if you can even run OpenBSD on current Macs; I'm not sure of hardware support. I know that FreeBSD is still flaky on Macs.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th June 2008
Spam Deminer

Te problems arise only on level of wi-fi or even in other sectors?
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2008
Spam Deminer

Wi-Fi should not be a problem on Linux. I know that FreeBSD has an ongoing project to support MacBook hardware. You may want to check on the wiki page what hardware is supported.