DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th September 2011
Port Guard

Default Error: "Cannot talk to klauncher"

I'm getting the following error message from Dolphin, and a few KDE-related applications:

Could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher: The name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files.

Can anyone clue me in on what might be causing this before I start mucking around "under the hood?"

I'm using PC-BSD 8.2. However, my my primary window manager is WindowMaker, and I'm not using exclusively KDE related apps. So this is not a showstopper, though it's very annoying. I'm wondering if setting some defaults to non-KDE settings is giving KDE a headache.

Thanks.

RJPugh