DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th May 2009
Port Guard

Default Java SE and Netbeans on OpenBSD?

OK, I know that this is a sort of thing I could have Googled, but I really want to double check this with knowledgeable people. Answers seem reasonably sparse and varying on Google.

I wasn't sure whether to place this in the Programming or OpenBSD section, so sorry if it's in the wrong place...

I want to install all the Java SE development tools, including the compiler, JAR archiver, APIs, etc, etc. I also want to get the Netbeans IDE, because developing Java apps on the CLI was complete FUD last time I tried.

I spotted both the Java compiler and Netbeans on the i386 4.4 package collection. I couldn't see Java SE though.

If I were to install Netbeans, would OpenBSD install the rest of Java SE as a dependency, or will I have to get it manually? If I were to get it manually, which package would contain the APIs, Compilers, JAR archivers etc all as one?

Any help would be awesome... Thanks

EDIT - I spotted JDK there. But isn't that older than Java SE, or are they just using the old name?