DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th October 2016
Spam Deminer

Default do not know how to repair partial-p5-DateTime-TimeZone

I installed 6.0 on a new computer and there are two problems that may or may not be related. About half-way through installing the few packages I need, error message started appearing.
Code:
Warning: couldn't read packing-list from installed package partial-py-gobject-2.28.6p6v0.1
File /var/db/pkg/partial-py-gobject-2.28.6p6v0.1/+CONTENTS does not exist
Code:
Warning: couldn't read packing-list from installed package partial-p5-DateTime-TimeZone-1.64p1.1
File /var/db/pkg/partial-p5-DateTime-TimeZone-1.64p1.1/+CONTENTS does not exist
I tested the first couple packages installed after the messages started appearing and they worked fine. I installed the rest of the packages and everything is working fine, except playing videos. (The second issue.)

When applications are run through a terminal this message often appears.
Code:
Can't call method "has" on an undefined value at /usr/libdata/perl5/OpenBSD/Add.pm line 178.
I have no idea what to look for, so cannot even attempt to edit the file.
Running pkg_mgr caused this message.
Code:
Use of uninitialized value $fullpkgpath in string eq at /usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl/OpenBSD/PackageManager/DBIModel.pm line 215.
I have researched p5 enough to discover that p5-DateTime-TimeZone
Quote:
allows for various optimizations in doing time zone calculations.
I have not applied any patches to the system, because none of the patches appear to be related and I do not yet know if I can repair the system without re-installing. I am hoping the solution is simply re-installing the package, but when I try to install or delete p5-DateTime-TimeZone the result is:
Code:
Warning: couldn't read packing-list from installed package partial-p5-DateTime-TimeZone-1.64p1.1
Fatal error: can't locate partial-p5-DateTime-TimeZone-1.64p1.1
 at /usr/libdata/perl5/OpenBSD/Update.pm line 105.
So apparently the package was only partially installed, but I cannot delete it and install again. This is a first for me. Is this something that will create error messages but not affect the system, or will it be a bomb waiting to go off?

The second issue which I assume (correctly or incorrectly) is related is that video does not play properly. The audio is fine, but the video studders (the best description I can think of) with both mpv and Xine. VLC crashes before playing the file. Everything else seems to be working fine. If the two issues are not related I can start another thread for the video issue with more details.