DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd May 2018
Shell Scout

Default Keeping Windows and dual booting

I shall shortly be taking delivery of a Dell 3020 desktop with Window 7 preinstalled. I'm wondering about the feasibility of keeping Windows on the disk because very occasionally I run across something (e.g. firmware update) that demands it.

In the past I've usually just installed OBSD and overwritten the Windows partition, but I'm wondering about the feasibility of keeping it (I understand Windows 7 can shrink its partition if necessary). It's a 500GB disk.

The OBSD faq implies that dual booting is a bit of a nightmare, and if that is the case I won't bother, but I thought it might be easier if Windows is already there. Any pointers or comments gratefully received.