DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD Installation and Upgrading

NetBSD Installation and Upgrading Have trouble getting NetBSD on your toaster?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th October 2015
Spam Deminer

Default 7.0 install to external disk

Because I try multiple operating systems, I have 4 external USB hard drives for installation. When I boot from the NetBSD installation usb image it is found as sd0 and my external hard drive is seen as sd1. The install goes smoothly and everything is fine until I reboot.

Upon reboot since the usb install disk is gone, which was sd0, my sd1 external hard drive now becomes sd0 instead and boot fails. This never happened on NetBSD 5.x or 6.x and is not a problem with FreeBSD or OpenBSD.

Any ideas?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off