DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 27th July 2008
New User

Default Problem with php and apache on OpenBSD

Default apache
Packages:

php5-core-5.1.4p2 server-side HTML-embedded scripting language
php5-curl-5.1.4p0 curl URL library extensions for php5
php5-gd-5.1.4p0 image manipulation extensions for php5
php5-mysql-5.1.4p0 mysql database access extensions for php5

However the gd.so module doesn't load:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/var/www/lib/php/modules/gd.so' - Cannot load specified object in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/var/www/lib/php/modules/gd.so' - Cannot load specified object in Unknown on line 0

Originally I installed the package for standalone gd and rrdtool and had to install X4.0. Unfortunately gd still couldn't find freetype and fontconfig. Even after running ldconfig -m to include the X paths. Frustrated, I removed the gd package and compiled gd 2.0.35 instead which worked. I compiled an older version of rrdtool because cairo wasn't able to find fontconfig and freetype (needed for newest version of rrdtool) and it works and creates graphs so I know the standalone gd tool is working.

The main issue is the lack of reasonable information on why something's not working. "Cannot load specified object" is just an idiot light type of message. "Hey, there's a problem in the car. Take it to a mechanic."

Sorry for the rant. Followups are gratefully accepted.

Carl

Last edited by co_bofh; 27th July 2008 at 06:49 PM.