DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Everything else.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th July 2013
New User

Default Self-introduction

Hello everyone!

I would just like use this thread to introduce myself, since I am a new user. I like the FreeBSD practice, where new users have the Self-Introduction thread to introduce themselves, so I'd like to try to do the same here.

My name is Jože Zobec, I use FreeBSD since early November 2012. So far I've had a lot of good times with it, but I would like to see what other BSD camps have to offer as well -- the world is a big place, and has many wonders to explore. I would really like to try OpenBSD and DragonFly BSD, so I have decided to sign up to a more general BSD forum.

I study physics, my dream is to one day have a home computer cluster running BSD.

In any case, I hope to learn a lot during my stay here.

Cheers,
Jože
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th July 2013
Custom Title Maker

Welcome, Jože! I myself use OpenBSD, although I have used FreeBSD and NetBSD in the past, going back to 1999 or so. I tend toward lurker status here, but have been a part of this community since before the majority of us came over from a previous site.

So, feel free to poke around here, search to your heart's content, and ask any questions that you may have... provided they follow the site's guidelines. ;-)
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th July 2013
VPN Cryptographer

Welcome Joze! I'm currently running OpenBSD, but I also run FreeBSD from time to time, starting back at FreeBSD 5.x. Enjoy your time here; this iis an excellent forum.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th July 2013
bsdstudent

Hi Joze ! and welcome to Daemonforums , my favored forum & favored folk .. to all of whom I'm so much thankful & indebted ...
I am an OpenBSD user and enthusiast.Slow witted as I am, I never felt alone thanks to this wonderful forum.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th July 2013
Wannabe OpenBSD porter

Hi Jose! Welcome to the forums...

To follow suit, I am an avid OpenBSD user, except when it comes to the Rackspace cloud (OpenBSD is not a supported OS yet), in which case I run FreeBSD or Linux.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd July 2013
Port Guard

Hello Jože and welcome to the (Unix) "daemons"!

To follow the threads' suit:
I've been using FreeBSD7.x / 8.x as my primary desktop OS for a couple of years.I also use NetBSD sometimes. Currently I switched back to Slackware Linux and Ubuntu as primary OSes (Linux was my "first love" and my introduction to the Unix-based OS world). But I still like *BSD a lot and I always keep an eye on the BSD community. And I still play around with FreeBSD 8.x / 9.x virtual machines.

And to follow another suit, that of rocket357: I'm an AIX / Linux admin by profession and a BSD enthusiast user by choice.