DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th October 2011
Package Pilot

Default a lame question about FBSD-9

Quote:
(C) Remove texinfo (not possible for 9.0 due to GNU code, but hopefully for 10.0?)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD9

Not only having a jacked up installer to take over my entire HDD, this mean FreeBSD-9 is now GNU/GPL Linux-FreeBSD, right?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th October 2011
Banned

You didn't really ask a question, nothing comprehensible. Go troll elsewhere.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th October 2011
VPN Cryptographer

FreeBSD has a goal of removing GPL code from the base system and they need to get clang working on all ports and the base system to move away from gcc.

But how you jump to the conclusion that a user land port suddenly make FreeBSD a Linux is beyond me.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th October 2011
Tcpdump Spy

GNU info is not used a lot in FreeBSD anyway, it kind of sucks so no big loss.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th October 2011
ISO Quartermaster

I actually never use it...
It's counter-intuitive
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th October 2011
Package Pilot

About the "due to GNU code" I could only guest. That's why I said "I have a lame question". I thought it was user-land related but I was not sure but it gave me a good reason to post the link. It talks everything down-to-earth about fbsd-9. I ALWAYS post interesting links here for future reference, from day-1. I always hope others will find them to be a good read. I have nothing else to offer. You don't learn much when you work the docks 12 hours per day Anything else is begging for some sleep, mostly.

About my jack-up HDD. Just because fbsd-9 have jump-ship on true disk geometry, the GEOM that once seem like the backbone of FBSD don't mean I hate them. I just feel this is not fare and is not what should be expected out of an OS. I can't pretend all is well just to please others or FBSD. I got to say something. I'm the freaking USER and I don't have to bite or kiss-up. I don't know exactly what's wrong with fbsd-9 but I know it's not right.

From my only help buddy since 2010:
Quote:
You didn't really ask a question, nothing comprehensible. Go troll elsewhere.
Being a member for over a year with many questions, there been only a few people who help me. Mostly two who are close friends I figure. It's funny to learn after over an year that even one of them had a bone to pick with me from the day I debated the answer given for my own question during the winter of 2010. I remember those vib's and so did most of this forum. OK, no more questioning anyone answer anymore. I always been afraid to do that but I remember needing to be 100% sure a few times and I had to speak up or let the thread die, as usual, and accept the given answer as law. 6 months latter, here comes the middle man, who speck no English, now I'm wigging out. Anyway, now that I know it's your-way or the high-way with a name to doom a member to shame .... I will not do that anymore.. If you ever answer again "what you say goes".

Forgive me!

No big deal. All is well here unless someone want to duke it out.

Good to know FreeBSD is still all FreeBSD. I was kind of worried, like I'm some kind of expert. I read and I believe everything people say about BSD and I pow-wow for that. That makes me a ... I don't know what anymore.