DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > General software and network

General software and network General OS-independent software and network questions, X11, MTA, routing, etc.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st January 2013
Fdisk Soldier

Default phone Punch panel question and archbang linux

Hey. A client wants to have a phone line upstairs, and there is a line already there but it never has worked. I double checked the wires on the punch panel and re-punched anything that looked like it wasnt connecting. and the phone is still completely dead. I got a tuner and verified that I was looking at the right wire, haha. I also tried punching that wire into another place on the panel and no luck. I really dont want to have to pull the cable, its dark and scary up there! any ideas? am i missing something simple?

On another note, why is archbang linux so fast??? that sucker boots in like 5 seconds on my netbook, no joke. I'm tempted to install on my main but i like freebsd.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st January 2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmorg View Post
On another note...
xmorg, most members of this site take advantage of the archives for searching previously discussed topics. To facilitate this practice, we ask members to restrict threads to a single subject (& it is covered in the forum rules...). Doing so simplifies finding old information.

Keeping threads on a single subject also helps continuity & understanding. Nothing is more confusing than a thread which meanders from one topic to another -- especially when the subjects aren't related.

As such, I ask all respondents to this thread to limit their comments to xmorg's first question on phone lines. Any comment made on ArchBang Linux will be moved to a new thread in the correct category. xmorg, you might consider starting a new thread yourself.

Last edited by ocicat; 31st January 2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling