DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc)

NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc) Installation and upgrading of packages on NetBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th July 2010
New User

Default Maven/Lift on NetBSD sparc64

I'm trying to get maven on my sparc64 machine so I can install and use Lift. When I was on the maven package page I couldn't find a binary for my arch. ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/devel/apache-maven/README.htm ... (I would have posted the url in the right format but I'm new and can't do so... sorry) so I guess I have to compile it from source? Now my question is what is the best way to get maven as it requires java vdk which is not a precompiled binary and a slew of other things in a whole web of prereqs that would not be fun to compile from source and pkg_add. Is there a place where I can find a giant tarball and just run a make or a ./configure or is the only way the hard way? I have looked through the pkgsrc guide but I couldn't find extensive detail on compiling for different archs. Maybe I missed something? On a side note... is there any way to save the PATH and the PKG_PATH vars and keep them exported so I don't need to retype them every time I want to pkg_add?
Any help is appreciated and thanks.