DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd November 2010
Arp Constable

Default porting Firefox 3.5.15 to OpenBSD 4.8

I'm interested in trying to build firefox 3.5.15 on a just installed 4.8 amd64 system.

I am familiar with basic compiling and Slackware build scripts but the OpenBSD system looks to be more complex.

I'm thinking about renaming the firefox35 port to a backup and reconstructing an updated port using the cvs makefile, patches, files etc and using pkg_create. Although there has been mention of reviving binary updates I have yet to find any so I am assuming you need to compile

I found http://www.openbsd101.com/updating.html#u6. It looks like I would need to update the base system then proceed with ports. At this time there are no patches for 4.8 so a full cvs update doesn't seem necessary - do I need maintain the same revision?

Is this a good approach? Any pointers appreciated

Last edited by shep; 3rd November 2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: added openbsd101 link