DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2011
Port Guard

Default postfix problem with sasl2

Hi, I working with postfix, use how to from how to forge, debian postfix....

Everything was ok, but I can not config saslauthd, I do not know where the config file in / usr / local / sbin, a file which is so called, but the binary file

Problem section

Quote:
First run

mkdir -p /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd

Then edit /etc/default/saslauthd. Set START to yes and change the line OPTIONS="-c -m /var/run/saslauthd" to OPTIONS="-c -m /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd -r":

vi /etc/default/saslauthd
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2011
Port Guard

virtual-users-and-domains-with-postfix-courier-mysql-and-squirrelmail-debian-squeeze-p2
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2011
More noise than signal

SASL is not built-in to the base OpenBSD system, it is a third party port/package of utilities, and/or a library of functions.

If an application calls SASL utilities, you install security/cyrus-sasl2. For 4.9-release, the base package is cyrus-sasl-2.1.23p5, and there are various FLAVORs for integration with various database technologies.

Postfix can use SASL libraries, but as I don't use Postfix, I don't know if that is in addition to, or instead of, the SASL utilities. I know this only because there is a sasl2 FLAVOR for postfix that was built with security/libgsasl as a dependency in both "stable" and "snapshot" versions of Postfix. Pick the one you want, and re-install that particular FLAVOR of Postfix. The package will install the appropriate libgsasl package as a dependency.

Example: for 4.9-release, the "stable" Postfix package is postfix-2.7.2p0-sasl2.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2011
More noise than signal

I should clarify -- and add that there are specialized SASL components in the base. Two examples: GSSAPI and S/Key.

But these are not the SASL utilities, nor SASL function libraries, which require third party package installation.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2011
Port Guard

I compiled postfix with mysql and sasl2, I will later turn on sever with postfix, and check some things
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2011
More noise than signal

Did you use the mail/postfix port with $FLAVOR set to "mysql sasl2", or did you build Postfix manually?

If you used the port, the $FLAVOR environment variable had to be used throughout the build and install process. If you used the FLAVOR variable for the build, but not the install, you may have the wrong package installed. You can determine what is installed by something like this, which will display the package name. It should contain both mysql and sasl2:
$ pkg_info | grep postfix
If you built and installed Postfix manually, without using the OpenBSD ports tree, you are running an unsupported, and an unsupportable configuration. You are on your own. Removing your manual installation and building a package from the supported port is required if you wish others to provide any assistance, or if you wish support from the port maintainer or from the OpenBSD Project.
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2011
Port Guard

Of course, I use ports,mail/postfix/snapshot, with $FLAVOR "mysql sasl2" make install

I am now confuse, what file I мust change, smtp.conf, on some sasl2.conf, whatever ?

postfix-2.8.20110113-sasl2-mysql fast, secure sendmail replacement
I can't find saslauthd ,
this line is problem
Quote:
Then edit /etc/default/saslauthd. Set START to yes and change the line OPTIONS="-c -m /var/run/saslauthd" to OPTIONS="-c -m /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd -r":

Last edited by zeenmc; 13th June 2011 at 08:32 PM.
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2011
More noise than signal

# pkg_add cyrus-sasl (if you have not already done so)
$ pkg_info -L cyrus-sasl | grep saslauthd

The location of your saslauthd script will vary, depending on your particular -release of OpenBSD, which you have not shared here.
  #9   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th June 2011
Port Guard

bash-4.1# pkg_info -L cyrus-sasl | grep saslauthd
/usr/local/man/cat8/saslauthd.0
/usr/local/sbin/saslauthd this iz binary file
/usr/local/sbin/testsaslauthd
/etc/rc.d/saslauthd

this is some part from nano saslauthd
Quote:
^B^�D$^D^�E ^�^D$�6x��^�U 1��^D2^@�^�^�M�9M^\^O^�i���^ï¿ ½E^\^�U�^�M^X^�D$^H^�T$^D^�^L$�^Fxï¿ ½ï¿½ï¿½,���^��^ͼ'^@^@^@^@U^��W$
^@* NO^@* BYE^@* OK^@saslauthd LOGIN ^@auth_rimap: sending %s%s %s^@auth_rimap: writev: %m^@saslauthd OK^@auth_rima$
Host: %s:%s
User-Agent: saslauthd
Accept: */*
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: %d

%s^@^@^@^@auth_httpform: sending %s %s %s^@auth_httpform: failed to send request^@^@^@auth_httpform: read (response$
^@attempting a read lock on slot: %d^@^@could not acquire a read lock on slot: %d
^@^@attempting a write lock on slot: %d^@could not acquire a write lock on slot: %d
^@failed while writing to mmap file: %s^@^@^@could not mmap shared memory segment^@^@^@^@mmaped shared memory segme$
^@%-16s: %s^@read failure
cyrus-sasl already installed

what you use for mail server ?
Old 13th June 2011
More noise than signal

I use sendmail, and security/cyrus-sasl2 with sendmail, with the latter configured to use smtp-auth (a compile time environment variable set in /etc/mk.conf, used by /usr/src/gnu/usr.sbin/sendmail/sendmail/Makefile).

I've now actually pulled down a package of cyrus-sasl2 and looked inside. Please review the man page for saslauthd. It does not have a configuration file of its own ... however, it mentions, in the FILES section, a file /etc/saslauthd.conf -- and describes it as used for configuring ldap support. It is not included in the port. If you are not using ldap, you won't need it.

But, if you install the "ldap" FLAVOR of cyrus-sasl2, you'll find a sample configuration file in /usr/local/share/examples/sasl2/saslauthd.conf
Old 14th June 2011
Port Guard

I realized that the file does not exist, maybe it is on Debian, I do not know, mainly tutorial is written for debian, maybe try and install debian with him, I did not install ldap

Quote:
bash-4.1# pkg_info
bash-4.1.9p0 GNU Bourne Again Shell
courier-authlib-0.63.0p3 authentication library for courier
courier-authlib-mysql-0.63.0p1 mysql authentication module for courier-authLib
courier-imap-4.8.0p4 imap server for maildir format mailboxes
courier-pop3-4.8.0p4 pop3 server for maildir format mailboxes
cyrus-sasl-2.1.23p5 RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and Security Layer)
expect-5.44.1.15p0 sophisticated scripter based on Tcl/Tk
gdbm-1.8.3p0 GNU dbm
gettext-0.18.1p0 GNU gettext
groff-1.15.4.7p3 gnu clone of nroff
groff-mdoc-0.0 groff man/mandoc macro package
jpeg-8b IJG's JPEG compression utilities
libiconv-1.13p2 character set conversion library
libidn-1.19 internationalized string handling
libltdl-1.5.26p0 GNU libtool system independent dlopen wrapper
libmcrypt-2.5.8p1 interface to access block/stream encryption algorithms
libxml-2.7.8p1 XML parsing library
mysql-client-5.1.54p0 multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql-server-5.1.54p3 multithreaded SQL database (server)
nano-2.2.6 Pico editor clone with enhancements
p5-DBD-mysql-4.014p1 MySQL drivers for the Perl DBI
p5-DBI-1.609p1 unified perl interface for database access
p5-Net-Daemon-0.43p0 extension for portable daemons
p5-PlRPC-0.2018p1 module for writing rpc servers and clients
pcre-8.02p1 perl-compatible regular expression library
php5-core-5.2.17 server-side HTML-embedded scripting language
php5-gd-5.2.17-no_x11 image manipulation extensions for php5
php5-mbstring-5.2.17 multibyte characters extensions for php5
php5-mcrypt-5.2.17 mcrypt encryption/decryption extensions for php5
php5-mysql-5.2.17 mysql database access extensions for php5
phpMyAdmin-3.3.9.1 tool to handle the administration of MySQL over the web
png-1.2.44 library for manipulating PNG images
postfix-2.8.20110113-sasl2-mysql fast, secure sendmail replacement
squid-2.7.STABLE9p5 WWW and FTP proxy cache and accelerator
t1lib-5.1.0p2 Type 1 rasterizer library for UNIX/X11
tcl-8.5.9 Tool Command Language
tk-8.5.9p0 graphical toolkit for Tcl
wget-1.12p1 retrieve files from the web via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP
bash-4.1#
Old 14th June 2011
More noise than signal

Perhaps you misunderstood me.
  1. The "ldap" FLAVOR of security/cyrus-sasl2 includes an example saslauthd.conf file. You could install it instead of the standard package. For 4.9-release, the package name is cyrus-sasl-2.1.23p5-ldap.
  2. The file is only used if you have an LDAP authentication directory schema installed in your environment. Here is the file, extracted from cyrus-sasl-2.1.23p5-ldap.tgz tarball, as I mentioned above, from share/examples/sasl2/:
    Code:
    # $OpenBSD: saslauthd.conf,v 1.1 2008/03/15 12:50:46 ajacoutot Exp $

# auth_ldap authentication/authorization module for saslauthd
    # see /usr/local/share/doc/sasl2/LDAP_SASLAUTHD for details

# ldap_bind_dn:
    # ldap_bind_pw:

ldap_servers: ldap://ldap1.domain.tld/ ldap://ldap2.domain.tld/
    ldap_search_base: dc=domain,dc=tld
    ldap_filter: uid=%u
    ldap_start_tls: no
    ldap_use_sasl: no
    ldap_version: 3
    ldap_scope: sub
In addition.... Never blindly follow a "How to" document you find on the Internet, assuming it will apply to your environment. If you do not understand what you read in such a document, you should ask the author.

Even if you happen upon a "How to" document written by an OpenBSD user, it is unlikely that your environment will match the author's. Most such documents are written by new users who are proud of their achievements. These new users have little understanding of the wide variety of configurations, provisioning choices, impacts of their recommendations, or the useful lifespan of their "How to" posts.

Debian is a Linux distribution. Linux is not BSD, even though both are Unix-like operating systems. Directory structures, libraries, toolsets, and system facilities are very different.
Old 27th June 2011
New User

If an application calls SASL utilities, you install security/cyrus-sasl2. For 4.9-release, the base package is cyrus-sasl-2.1.23p5, and there are various FLAVORs for integration with various database technologies.

Postfix can use SASL libraries, but as I don't use Postfix, I don't know if that is in addition to, or instead of, the SASL utilities. I know this only because there is a sasl2 FLAVOR for postfix that was built with security/libgsasl as a dependency in both "stable" and "snapshot" versions of Postfix. Pick the one you want, and re-install that particular FLAVOR of Postfix. The package will install the appropriate libgsasl package as a dependency.