DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 26th July 2008
New User

Default no /usr/ports or /usr/src/ports ??

Hello,

I've set up an OpenBSD 3.8 system that I'm using as a webserver. I've got apache happily configured to serve three domains and run CGIs that I'm writing in Perl. Now I want Subversion, to use for source control.

It looks as though all you have to do is download the makefile from http://subversion.tigris.org/getting.html#freebsd, then run "make install" and make will get the sources .tgz, do the build and install svn, svnserve, etc.

But the above-linked page says you should be in /usr/ports/devel/subversion when you run make. Well, /usr/ports didn't exist, so I made those directories and ran "make install". Got the following fatal error:

"Could not find /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk"

Then I found a note at http://monkey.org/openbsd/archive/mi.../msg00131.html which suggests you need to have PORTSDIR configured as /usr/src/ports. Trouble is, /usr/src is empty on my system, so I doubt make will find whatever it's looking for there, either. Ha ha!

I guess some package or other is not installed, to enable this kind of make. But what? And how do I install it? I do find make and gcc on the system, so there's some provision for development.

Tags
makefile, packages, ports, subversion, svn