DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th May 2016
Port Guard

Unhappy dhcpd scope options

Hello,

Fighting to get dhcpd on 5.7 working. It seems you can *only* specify options by name, and not option number. Which would be okay, if a name actually existed for every number, and that was in the man pages. I've been reviewing http://man.openbsd.org/dhcp-options.5 and it's very inconsistent, or just flat wrong. My goto list for understanding options is https://www.iana.org/assignments/boo....xhtml#options. Fairly complete, but it doesn't list the names that OpenBSD expects.

Not every scope option has a name, at least I've not found the name for option 43 anywhere after searching Google for an hour. Everyone mentions it, but not the name or configuration. I'm used to referencing these by number.

Code:
subnet 10.10.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
option routers 10.10.0.1;
option tftp-server-name "10.10.0.3";
option voip-configuration-server 10.10.0.3;
range 10.10.0.5 10.10.0.100;
The preceding configuration will work just fine with my SIP device getting an IP address, but completely ignoring the tftp options. I'm monitoring all traffic to the tftp server and can see the logs piped to stdout. (which as an aside, I'd love to log that better).

Documentation indicates/lies that this works:

Code:
option option-133 "my-option-133-text"; 
option option-129 1:54:c9:2b:47;
Under no circumstances does dhcpd understand anything like that, giving me the error "/etc/dhcpd.conf line 23: no option named xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
option option-043
option option-43
option-43
option-043
option 43
option 043
option option43
Every single permutation I can think of fails, and I cannot find any list of named options for OpenBSD, that also lists the actual number. Why? Why? WHY!? I'm sure the extra text wouldn't hurt...

One of the few times the manpages has completely let me down. I could really use some advice and working configurations for option 43, 66, & 120. What are the proper names that OpenBSD will understand, and their expected data types (double quote encaps required)?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th May 2016
More noise than signal

1. The dhcpd(8) daemon in OpenBSD is not the ISC reference implementation. Do not use the ISC reference documentation with this application.
    Code:
    AUTHORS
         dhcpd was written by Ted Lemon <email redacted> under a contract with
         Vixie Labs.

The current implementation was reworked by Henning Brauer
         <email redacted>.
  2. As you require the ISC implementation, install the isc-dhcp package.
Please note: OpenBSD 5.7 is no longer supported. Only the two most recent releases of the OS are supported.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th May 2016
Port Guard

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Tags
openbsd dhcpd options sip