DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th February 2014
New User

Question OpenBSD5.4 in win domain

Hello, everybody

i have lack of knowledge in using OpenBSD 5.4 in any domain roles and need an advice in:

1. Using open as file server with transparent AD auth.
2.As DHCP server for more then 10 vlans
3. As DNS.
4.As proxy (squid with AD auth,sarg for details of usage,SquidGuard as filtering traffic).

Removing AD is not an option , maybe later.

2,3 is not a problem maybe, but 1-4 not so cool, real problem with Ad integration. Thanks for any link or help here.

sorry for my English.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th February 2014
More noise than signal

Hello, and welcome!
  1. For OpenBSD 5.4, Active Directory services are available via the "ads" $FLAVOR of the net/samba package (samba-3.6.15p1-ads.tgz). I've never used these services with Samba and cannot comment on its scope of capabilities.
  2. VLANs (see vlan(4)) are configured via ifconfig(8) as individual NICs. There is a built-in dhcpd(8) daemon, as well as a package for the ISC's DHCP 4.2.5-P1 if needed.
  3. ISC BIND 9.4.2-P2 plus patches and NSD 3.2.15 are included as authoritative DNS servers, if needed. Unbound 1.4.20 is also available as a package.
  4. Squid 2.7, Squid 3.3.8, Squidguard 1.4, and Sarg 2.3.7 are available as packages. There are $FLAVORs of Squidguard and Sarg for LDAP, but not for Active Directory.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 27th February 2014
New User

everything seems to be ok from "out-of-the-box". but have real problem with AD integration.

kinit says nothing, net ads can't join domain for many reasons. If anyone can provide a link to working guide - thank you.

My plan of conquering all available server space for openbsd vm's and say goodbye to MS is not working in cause of net ads ...)

5.and one more usage for me - openfire+plugins for video and etc.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 28th February 2014
More noise than signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzappear View Post
If anyone can provide a link to working guide - thank you.
There are some third party "how to" guides which discuss authenticating OpenBSD users against an existing AD domain, such as http://serverfault.com/questions/202...-with-kerberos but these might not be solutions to the problem you are trying to solve.
Quote:
5.and one more usage for me - openfire+plugins for video and etc.
I don't understand what you're asking. If your question is, "does Openfire work with OpenBSD and can I use plugins?", then the answer is "Yes and yes." Openfire 3.8.1 is available as a port/package for OpenBSD 5.4. Plugin use is discussed in the README which you can find in /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/ once you install the package with pkg_add(1).

Last edited by jggimi; 28th February 2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: clarity, typo