DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Everything else.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 12th December 2014
Fdisk Soldier

Default Underlegend Networks - NetBSD free shell server

Hello,
I would like to invite You guys to visit yenn.ulegend.net; it's a home free-shell server situated in Poland, running NetBSD all the time... since 2004, which was back then version 1.6.2.

To create account please write e-mail with your motivation and desired login name to requests@yenn.ulegend.net

Server is very stable and reliable; lot's of software included; Dominik [dmb] who is sysOP, and the owner; has huge knowledge about the OS.

And Yes. No Bots.

Salut,
Marcin [merkin/vyss on yenn]

Last edited by muflon; 12th December 2014 at 12:45 PM.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th September 2015
Fdisk Soldier

Hello,
I've just finished setting up BSD 2.11 from 1992 period. It's running PDP11 simh environment. Initial release to the community was done by Steven Schultz, and whole instruction set including manuals related to this distribution are available now thanks to Warren Toomey and The Unix Heritage Society.
http://www.tuhs.org/

Initial testing I've done on my thinkpad t420 laptop, with FreeBSD 10.2.
The simh program has cpu "scaling" option that you can set in init-boot config file;
Code:
set throttle x% e.g 20% *)
This feature limit the cpu-time that is consumed by simulator, with this option enabled my computer stays at 40-42'C, without it it oscillate between 65 up to 74.

yenn.ulegend.net - was upgraded recently to 4 GB of memory, and with the sysop Dominik I have plans to run this ancient os [also with George 3 on ICL1900 emulation]. Indeed there will be option to login remotely.

If anybody is interest in this project, please feel free to send me desired login name: merkin [at] yenn.ulegend.net or leave PM on this forum.

-----------------------------
*) On OpenBSD 5.7 - that option doesn't work.

Tags
free shell server