DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th June 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Default Utility to make FreeBSD custom ISO

hello community,
maybe the thread's name doesn't really point out what i'm looking for but honestly couldn't find a better name, so here it goes.

I'm looking for an utility to make an ISO of the system after i have installed FreeBSD. I have configured the system for that specific box on which it is installed. I have added some directories, installed some applications and so on.

I want to write an ISO with the system, so in case of hardware failure i'll just change the box with a new one that's exactly the same, plug in the disc, install FreeBSD and get the system back in production.

I have googled for such an app and couldn't find anything that fits my needs or maybe i haven't googled for the right thing. A hint in the right direction is more than welcomed. Thank you.

/v