DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Security

FreeBSD Security Securing FreeBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th April 2016
New User

Default chroot MacOSX and put net into BSD shared Kernel?

Dear All

I need to know how is the best thing to do.

/*

Scenario: MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) (Kingston SSD drive)

rEFInd

4 Partitions:

Boot Partition just with rEFInd.

Second Partition; Free B.S.D. Kernel.

Thirth Partition, change root in a jail, with my kitsch; Mac O.S.X.

Fourth Partition, change root in a jail, just with the libraries and Modules, that run all network interface's on Mac O.S.X.

/*

So I'm sure I'm able to do all the stuff, except the fourth partition. In that partition I like to put those modules and libraries that are already in userland, running an original MacOS X.

I thought about the Problem, the need of a Virtual MacOS X system that just starts up to run those modules and Libraries.

If I let the fourth partition some where in the clouds of imagination and construct, I have a lack of awareness.;.; So I boot, from rEFInd, and start Free B.S.D., log in to Tenex C. Shell, and start the MacOS V.M.;. Fine. so I'm still exposing my kitsch system and the B.S.D. System as well.

I want to build in a proper manner, just to admire the beauty, of a passion flower, in a cold winter in spring.

Thank you in advance, for the good advice, and all suggestions that matter's.

Sincerely Ioknod

Last edited by Ioknod; 6th April 2016 at 03:14 AM. Reason: edit