DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th December 2021
Always learning

Default Screen going into standby while watching Youtube

Hi, when I am watching Youtube using Firefox the screen goes off then when I move the mouse or press a key I see the login screen. How do I disable this ? I have already disabled the screensaver but this is still happening.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th December 2021
More noise than signal

You'll need to provide much more information than you've posted so far. No one here is standing behind you looking over your shoulder at the problem. So, try posting the following, after which, someone may see something in your logs that will help solve this problem.

1. Your dmesg(8) output. This buffer repeats on reboot, so if there is more than one boot sequence in the buffer, just the last one will be needed.
  2. Your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file. From your very brief description, it appears there is an X Windows issue of some kind. If so, there may be an answer in here.
  3. Your /var/log/xenodm.log, if it exists. We don't know if you're using xenodm(1) as your Display Manager, but it is the default. If you're using a different Display Manager, find and post its log instead.
  4. The output of $HOME/.xsession-errors, if any.
  5. The name of the Window Wanager you have installed and are using, and any log it may produce. Window Managers can be simple and built-in (cwm, fvwm2), or there are more than 50 third party Window Managers. Some are very small, some are very large with hundreds of dependencies, such as Gnome or XFCE.