DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD General

OpenBSD General Other questions regarding OpenBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 4th August 2011
Port Guard

Default New Cable Modem/BSD Router Problem

I'm at a loss here and my ISP is of no help. I had my cable modem replaced today and now my BSD router no longer works. I had a Motorola Surfboard 5101 replaced by a Surfboard SBG6580. The new one has been configured to work like the old one with the wireless, router, firewall and DHCP all turned off by my ISP. When I connect my PC directly to the cable modem it has internet access which is how I'm posting this, but when I connect the modem to my BSD router just like the old one I have no internet access on anything. My BSD router is picking up an IP from my ISP but it's not passing packets through to my LAN anymore. When I run tcpdump it just says this now:

tcpdump: listening on xl0, link-type EN10MB

where as before there was a continuous stream of data flying by.

I've been at this for over three hours now and I just don't know how or why it's not working anymore. I can ping all my internal IP addresses from/to each other and I can ping my WAN IP adddress from my BSD router but can't ping anything on the internet using URL's or IP addresses. The only thing that has changed is the cable modem. Here is my pf.conf contents:

Code:
# macros
int_if="xl0"
ext_if="xl1"
whs="192.168.0.50"
pc1="192.168.0.20"
pc2="192.168.0.21"
websrv="192.168.0.55"

# options
set block-policy drop
set loginterface $ext_if
set skip on lo

# match rules
match in all scrub (no-df)
match out on egress inet from !(egress) to any nat-to (egress:0)

# filter rules
block in log
pass out quick
antispoof quick for { lo $int_if }
pass in on egress inet proto tcp to (egress) port 80 rdr-to $websrv synproxy state
pass in on egress inet proto tcp to (egress) port 443 rdr-to $whs synproxy state
pass in on egress inet proto tcp to (egress) port 5900 rdr-to $pc1 synproxy state
pass in on egress inet proto tcp to (egress) port 5901 rdr-to $pc2 synproxy state
pass in log on $int_if