DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th August 2010
Package Pilot

Default Can fetch do this ...?

Can fetch simply retrieve a website webpage with the HTML-XHTML-CSS source and save it to a file. I goggle all day about wget, curl but when it came to fetch absolutely no one said it does. The entire world only talk about ftp and files which I take "files" to mean txt, pdf etc. I read the FreeBSD handbook fetch section over 5 times thinking I miss the word "web-page" It was no where to be found. My BSD machines have not been connected for weeks for various reasons. Now it's 3:31am and I got to ask or crack. Common since say it should but can take anything forgranted.

Thanks in advance
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th August 2010
Daemonology student

fetch(1) only downloads single pages. You simply use it like this: % fetch http://google.com.
For recursive downloading you need an application such as wget. You use it like this: % wget --continue --no-parent --recursive --convert-links --progress=bar --tries=10 http://google.com.
If I missed your point do not hesitate to say so...