DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th February 2011
New User

Default Changing LDA to dovecot deliver

I've running a web server using Sendmail, Mailscanner, Spamassassin having followed this tutorial.....

bio.fsu.edu/~sysalex/freebsd-mail-server.htm

I've also installed Dovecot as IMAP

I want to be able to use Dovecot as my LDA so that I can use the Sieve filter (with Managesieve).

My question is, how do I change my LDA to dovecot deliever ?

I can find tutorials for Sendmail, but none with Mailscanner and spamassassin, which is confusing me.

I'm also not too sure which LDA i'm using at the moment - i'm guessing its mail.local ??
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 14th February 2011
Administrator

With LDA you probably mean Local Delivery Agent? More common in this context is Mail Delivery Agent (MDA).

I never installed Dovecot but the Wikipedia entry for MDA confirms that Dovecot includes a Mail Delivery Agent.The mechanism usually something like described in the forward(5) man page.

A google for dovecot mda showed quite some hits. Maybe you can look into some of these