DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic

Off-Topic Everything else.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th May 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Lightbulb From Windows Dysphoria to Open source bliss

hello My name is Porter Linux-Hawk Smith. I have been using computers sens the days of Disk Operating System (DOS). it all started with the first computer my father purchased for the family when i was 5 years old which came with windows 95 and a whole can of misery inducing worms included, then we upgraded that machine to 98 fellowed shortly after that by 98se, and by the time of Xp my father decided to purchase A whole new machine. Then for a birthday present on my 17th birthday he bought me a custom built computer running windows xp, which by the time i had turned 18 I had loaded god knows how many different distributions of Tux on.

My first and rather frustrating experience with Linux was installing and configuring a samba server. I then purchaesd an old dell poweredge 1420 server off of eBay and ran every distribution of linux from - Ubuntu to slack ware and beyond.

My Break into BSD and Unix came disguised as a high School Graduation Present in the form of A MacBook Running OS X Tiger which i promptly up graded to Leopard a few weeks after Leopard cane out last year, which cay=used me to spiral into fully releasing the now eight month old Hp pavillion a6230n off of Micro soft windows vista and Migrating iti to a more productive Full 64 bit *nix based os Starting with PCBsd from which i moved on to FreeBSD then reverted back to Ubuntu Linux.

FloridaBSD
Free node
Nicknames
psmith
scarFace
TopGun17
MacBook0621-07

Channels Frequented on freenode

freenode channel guidelines

#freenode
#ubuntu
#slackware
#bshellz

BTW Freenode has a zero tolerence policy when it comes to psamon any chennel

Last edited by FloridaBSD; 5th May 2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Point of contact
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 5th May 2008
Administrator

It is highly suggested that you remove any posted email addresses from public posts. What was seen on BSDForums is that spammers would harvest addresses & send people spam. Although this forum is new, dissuading people to set themselves up for unwanted email is still a prudent idea. You should edit your previous message & remove your address(es). If anyone wishes to contact you, they can do so through private messages.