DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 15th June 2010
Port Guard

Default OpenBSD 4.7. Install to USB-flash

Hi all

I'm not very new to OpenBSD, but this is my 1st installation to the USB-flash.

As I understood from the FAQ (openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#noflopcd), we have to do the installation for 2 times. The 3rd marker in the list in this FAQ says:
Quote:
Prepare the device on another computer as described in FAQ 14 (openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#flashmemLive). Boot from it, but chose the bsd.rd kernel, then install as normal
And in that FAQ 14 (openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#flashmemLive) there's also an install-to-the-USB-process described.

So, I've done everything accroding to the FAQ, but all in vain. (1. prepared the USB. 2.Booted from it using bsd.rd and commited a normal installation)
When the system starts booting from the USB (after the '2nd installation'), then it reboots.

I cannot understand why it's so and what I'm doing wrong

Regards,
Lexus45