DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Other Operating Systems > Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like

Other BSD and UNIX/UNIX-like Any other flavour of BSD or UNIX that does not have a section of its own.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 1st July 2009
Shell Scout

Default Any Solution for Xorg high CPU usage in Ubuntu 9.04?

I just performed the worst "upgrade" of all time on my laptop recently. I "upgraded" my Kubuntu 8.10 to 9.04, after having had good results with the same on my desktop.
Now my laptop is unusable; or at least not usable when you are actually using it directly. If you log in locally, you find XOrg using up to 98% of the CPU at all times. Even a konsole window is barely functional; don't bother trying to start an actual X application.
Oddly enough, this problem does not present itself when logging in over ssh; though that isn't a viable answer for a laptop.
I have seen that quite a few other people have found the same problem with Ubuntu 9.04, though I have yet to find a solution. Some people have been able to correct it by reconfiguring xorg, that did not work for me. Laptop in question has 2gbs ram, and a 1.6ghz P4m.