DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD Installation and Upgrading

NetBSD Installation and Upgrading Have trouble getting NetBSD on your toaster?

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 18th April 2020
Fdisk Soldier

Default booting NetBSD with no monitor on HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen10

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new HP Proliant Microserver Gen10 and I installed and configured a NetBSD 9 on it. The server will be used mainly as a backup server and files server for a small company and will be administered remotely with no need to have a monitor attached on it - no X server was installed- After installing and configuring the system, I realized the server doesn't boot if there is no screen attached on it, it disturbs me as the plan was to run it alone with no monitor. Any idea how to make it boot wth no screen?

This is the first time I install and configure NetBSD , I am an an experienced OpenBSD and linux user.

Thanks for your comments!

Last edited by rdikarlus; 19th April 2020 at 04:24 PM.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th April 2020
Administrator

I have 2 types of older HP Proliant Servers and they both boot OpenBSD and FreeBSD without screen.
I cannot copy the complete URL but google for "Troubleshooting Guide for HPE ProLiant Gen10 servers". Maybe it has some clue to solve your monitorless booting problem.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th April 2020
Don't Worry Be Happy!

Location: hot,dry,dusty,rainy,windy,straight winds, tornado,puts the fear of God in you-Texas

Have owned many Hp Proliant servers,(older gen's though, 360-380's).
How-some-ever, if you want to wade thru their website, HP has tons of manuals, etc available for online reading or download.

Also, as with "J65nko" I have not had that problem with the series I mentioned in the past.