DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc)

NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc) Installation and upgrading of packages on NetBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd April 2015
Port Guard

Default pkgsrc/pkgin path

Just installed NetBSD with modular-xorg from pkgsrc. When running pkgin or when I want to start razor-qt I get messages or even error Messages complaining about missing libx11.so.7 missing or not being found.

What can I do about it?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd April 2015
Too dumb for a smartphone

From my limited experience with modular Xorg, I recall that it is bad news to mix pkgsrc binary X-related packages with modular Xorg. Those binary packages require the standard X sets to be installed. So, the fix could be to compile the X-related packages using the pkgsrc that created your modular Xorg.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th April 2015
Port Guard

Well, I guess you are probably right. I heard that NetBSD 7 comes with modular-xorg. Maybe that solves some problems related to this issue.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 24th April 2015
Port Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolstoi View Post
Just installed NetBSD with modular-xorg from pkgsrc. When running pkgin or when I want to start razor-qt I get messages or even error Messages complaining about missing libx11.so.7 missing or not being found.

What can I do about it?
The official NetBSD pkgsrc binaries used by pkgin are linked against the X libraries that ship with the NetBSD release. Would I be correct to assume when installing NetBSD the X sets were not selected?

So the main two options would be:
  • Install the NetBSD X sets as well, so the libs are present
  • Download pkgsrc.tar, extract and run 'make package-install' to install packages (build from source)

As an aside on X and netbsd-7, the latest netbsd-7 BETA includes pretty good drm2 support, so its usable with accelerated X out of the box on a nice selection of machines - though for now you would need to install your packages from pkgsrc source
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th April 2015
Port Guard

Thanks! Well, that's just what I did yesterday . During the boot process I immediately recognized the switch to drm which I used to exprerience with the netbsd-DRMKMS which I used to download somewhere for the previous installation.
Now I'm using a 7 build with X installed and hope it works.