DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > Miscellaneous > General software and network

General software and network General OS-independent software and network questions, X11, MTA, routing, etc.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th June 2009
Tcpdump Spy

Default tmux disable automatic resize

I've been using tmux for some time now, and it's working great for me.

However, there is one annoyance: Every time I attach a session the windows is automatically resized.

I've tried using the aggressive-resize option, but that doesn't seem to have a lot of effect.

Anyone managed to figure this out?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th June 2009
Spam Refugee

Screen has the exact same behaviour, unless the command is issued in a full-screen (maximised) terminal/putty/whatever session. I've never found out why it did that and how it could be prevented.. Moreover, if I compare two identical PuTTy sessions (only the hostnames differ in the config files), to almost identical FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE installations running the exact same versions of screen, only one session resizes. The other stays the same. Argh!
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th June 2009
Risen from the ashes

What do you mean by "resize"?

If I start a tmux session on my home computer, in a Konsole window at 1024x768, then connect to it from my work computer, in a Konsole window at 1280x1024, I get a 1024x768 "window" inside the tmux session, with ......... around the outside. ie, the tmux "window" stays the same size as when it started.

Help for FreeBSD: Handbook, FAQ, man pages, mailing lists.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th June 2009
Banned

I don't understand the problem, what is resizing exactly? the terminal emulator?

Or are you talking about the status bar thing stealing a line?

Is this commit relevant?
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=124587079424219&w=2
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvswe...?r1=1.5#rev1.5
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th June 2009
Tcpdump Spy

Quote:
What do you mean by "resize"?

If I start a tmux session on my home computer, in a Konsole window at 1024x768, then connect to it from my work computer, in a Konsole window at 1280x1024, I get a 1024x768 "window" inside the tmux session, with ......... around the outside. ie, the tmux "window" stays the same size as when it started.
I have a xterm, any size.
# tmux new centerim
[xterm resized]
[dettach tmux (^pd)]

I resize my xterm to any size
# tmux attach
[xterm resized again]

I have this with any program, including tcsh.

Quote:
Screen has the exact same behaviour, unless the command is issued in a full-screen (maximised) terminal/putty/whatever session. I've never found out why it did that and how it could be prevented.. Moreover, if I compare two identical PuTTy sessions (only the hostnames differ in the config files), to almost identical FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE installations running the exact same versions of screen, only one session resizes. The other stays the same. Argh!
I never had this problem with screen, I used screen since FreeBSD 5 orso -- Never even looked at screen configuration either.
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th June 2009
Spam Refugee

I guess CS and I mean the same thing. Suppose I open a PuTTY session in a 800 x 600 window, ssh into a box, and then issue the command 'screen something', that window resizes to something like 200 X 400. It seems that Terminal and xterm don't do that, only PuTTY. And not every PuTTY session behaves the same .. some keep the same window size. I seeem to remember it happened with SecureCRT too, but that's quite long ago.

Last edited by DutchDaemon; 25th June 2009 at 10:39 PM.
  #7   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th June 2009
Tcpdump Spy

I never had problems with screen in combination with Putty or SecureCRT either ... :-/
  #8   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th June 2009
Banned

I don't see the behaviour that C.S. describes, but it's probably related to this:

http://marc.info/?t=124165003900002&r=1&w=2