DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 29th July 2009
Fdisk Soldier

Default Installing packages from USB drive (OpenBSD 4.5)

Hello All,

I am new to BSD and look foward to learning. I have read the man pages for pkg_add think i have a handle on how it works. my problem is i am unable to install a package from a usb drive. i have a dell laptop that uses the ipw-firmware and it is located on my flashdrive. i have created a /mnt/flashdrive dir and mounted /dev/sd0i to this directory. i then cd to that directory and can see the package. i then changed the PKG_PATH directory to /mnt/flashdrive by executing this command export PKG_PATH=/mnt/flashdrive/ i then execute this command pkg_add /mnt/flashdrive ipw-firmware-1.3p0.gz to no avail. I don't expect to be spoon fed the answer but i have searched using google and the forums. any help would be much appreciated. i have heard (read) a lot of openbsd development is done on laptops. it would be nice to have wireless working on this laptop. i would trully feel a bit "geeky" in a good way. thank you in advance.....