DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 11th December 2009
Fdisk Soldier

Default Package Synchronization for GStreamer

Greetings:

Been awhile. Hope all is well.

I've been updating myself via snapshots; and noticed a slight difference in the number of packages associated with gstreamer from snapshot to "4.6"

(i..e, ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/sn...packages/i386/ - referred onwards as the "snapshot directory", since I haven't mastered the correct terminology -
versus
ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/4.6/packages/i386/ -referred onwards as the 4.6 directory)

Noticed more pkgs and plugins in the 4.6 directory. Here are my n00b questions as to why:

1) If I have recalled correctly in presuming that most "dev" work is being done/ported to "snapshot" (or -current, am I right?). Should all the "active and viable" packages from the 4.6(release, am I right?) directory be listed in the snapshot directory?

2) If so, are they? Seems like the "bad" and "ugly" gstream plugins were repackaged in the "4.6 directory" due to dependencies. If that were the case, is it logical to presume that "snapshot directory" be arranged in the similar manner?

Thanks in advance