DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > DaemonForums.org > News

News News regarding BSD and related.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 7th June 2011
Administrator

Default ArabBSD

ArabBSD is a project which aims to provide infrastructure for the most reliable and secured operating system FreeBSD - which is BSD Family Member-. We aim to have our own Arab Operating System developers soon starting from the analysis of FreeBSD infrastructure, block diagram formulation and call for research groups within each field. Anyone who is interesting in operating systems and their news can join us. They will keep up with OS. OS is about everything in life containing all the types of programming. You can develop in the kernel and you can use this Operating System as a virtual environment for your project.

SOURCE: https://sites.google.com/site/arabbsd/

Message from the project manager of the ArabBSD:

Quote:
First of All, I thank you for discussing our project ArabBSD. I introduce myself, Mohammed Farrag, ArabBSD Project Manager and FreeBSD Contributor. We have a project to extend FreeBSD in Arab world. We aim to work in two direction. First, we will translate FreeBSD Documentation and learning tutorials to Arabic. Second, we will have summer training for starting work on FreeBSD development. I would like if you advised me to push our project up rather than criticizing the project. I know there are many unsuitable things in the website and I am working to fix it. The website will be provided in both Arabic and English. About the images in the website, it's problem with the Google sites to align them and I will try to fix it soon. We aim to provide such infrastructure for beginners to be professional. The community has no enough time for beginner and we face lack of resources in Arab World due to the fact of Language and geographic obstacles So, our project is trying to help those ones who wanna develop in the project to start learning and make them able to contribute in the project. Any comments/ suggestions are very welcome.

Regards,
Mohammed

Linux is not UNIX! Face it! It is not an insult. It is fact: GNU is a recursive acronym for “GNU's Not UNIX”.
vermaden's: links resources deviantart spreadbsd

Last edited by vermaden; 11th June 2011 at 05:22 PM.