DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th July 2009
New User

Default Routing internal requests to external IPs

Hey everyone. Does anyone have a good resource/idea about how to solve the following issue for a client of mine?

They have an mobile device that switches from mobile network to wifi when wifi is available. An external IP is being used as an alias on the firewall to route incoming traffic to an internal mail server. The problem is that when the mobile device is used in the office, the device tries to access the external IP and fails to connect.

I know that there is something that stops internal requests to external IPs that route back to an internal machine from working from within the network.

Right now the solution is to turn off the wifi in the office and force the phone back on the mobile network to connect.

Is there a way to analyze outgoing requests and route them directly to an internal machine?

My client would like to be able to leave the wifi setting as is and take advantage of the speed.

Thanks.

JJO