DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Ports and Packages

FreeBSD Ports and Packages Installation and upgrading of ports and packages on FreeBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th October 2008
Fdisk Soldier

Default Xfce. Why didnt anyone tell me?

I just recently switched to Xfce because I wanted to try something different other than KDE and Gnome was too bulky for me and I was having some trouble getting things working properly. Well I installed Xfce and at first it was a little bit of work to get things set up properly. Now all I can say is I wish I would have tried it sooner. I love the speed of it and the fact that I can run Gnome and Kde appz. Its not quite as easy to configure but I love it! Just thought I would give xfce a little love.

I did find myself installing some kde and gnome applications which upsets me a little because they are applications that I really like but it requires all of the bulk of kde and gnome to be installed along with them. Oh well....