DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd June 2019
New User

Default Errors trying to compile the non-port "AQEMU", an interface to QEMU: dependencies

Hi,

Since there is no package or port for "AQEMU", an interface to QEMU, I set out to try and compile this on an OpenBSD system. I am new to the syntax of QEMU and would need a book to get me started. Is there any that you would recommend. Either that or an Internet-based tutorial? Maybe even on social media which I don't use!

Anyway the unmet dependency errors refer to Qt things, like:
QtWidgets
QtPrinting
QtSessions

Thats all I can remember and retrieve anyway because I accidentally pulled the power cord out and the battery doesn't connect anymore (its flat and needs a new one). So the HDD [non-SSD] crashed, and OpenBSD cannot repair it, it stalls after trying to eventually.

But that didn't immediately happen, it was after I installed a whole unrelated qt-(stuff), with examples, and the LXQT desktop environment thinking it would have the dependencies. But I tried again and it didn't work. Still the same errors. Should I have rebooted the computer, is that necessary? I was working in a terminal of the MATE desktop environment, not the Server. Is this significant? Does OpenBSD only save things properly when in the Server command line without Xenocara?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd June 2019
More noise than signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
I am new to the syntax of QEMU and would need a book to get me started.
There's the qemu(1) man page, links at https://www.qemu.org/documentation/, and several examples in the package README in /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/
Quote:
Anyway the unmet dependency errors refer to Qt things, like:
QtWidgets
QtPrinting
QtSessions[
Did you mean QPtrinter? QSessionManager? If so, all three of these, including QtWidgets, are part of the qtbase package. Please be sure to see the pkg_info(1) description for qtbase, as it describes changes you must make when building Qt applications outside of the Ports tree.
Quote:
Thats all I can remember and retrieve anyway because I accidentally pulled the power cord out and the battery doesn't connect anymore (its flat and needs a new one). So the HDD [non-SSD] crashed, and OpenBSD cannot repair it, it stalls after trying to eventually.
Are you trying to tell us that manually issuing # fsck(8) <some mount point> fails to function? If so, it is possible to have insufficient RAM available if you have very large file systems, but then fsck will error out. Or, it is possible that an fsck(8) will take a very long time on a very large filesystem.
Quote:
But that didn't immediately happen, it was after I installed a whole unrelated qt-(stuff), with examples, and the LXQT desktop environment thinking it would have the dependencies. But I tried again and it didn't work. Still the same errors.
Which errors? Missing libraries? Missing headers? Or fsck(8) errors?

This guidance for problem reporting may help:http://daemonforums.org/showpost.php?p=3924&postcount=1

Tags
aqemu, crash, hdd, qemu, qt