DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 19th March 2012
Port Guard

Default OpenBSD installation goes perfectly

I hadn't done an OpenBSD installation in a while, something I remedied today with a 5.0 install on an IBM Thinkpad R32 (low-end, 10-year-old Thinkpad).

It all went smoothly -- all hardware works. I managed to get all of GNOME on there. Nice all around.

I think OpenBSD is so well-suited to setting up for the desktop because the developers who put the packages together actually use this stuff and make sure it works.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 20th March 2012
Port Guard

yea I just got back into OpenBSD; my last install was 4.2. With 2 new diffrent atom based servers the install went much cleaner than I remember.

the documentation on the faqs are really good though....
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd April 2012
New User

I first put my hands on OpenBSD with 5.0 and loving it. I installed it on an old T40, an atom server and no issues so far. Coming from linux, I love the FAQs and the mans for their quality.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd April 2012
bsdstudent

I definitely agree with you !
OpenBSD proves to be an ongoing success -maybe not commercially but technically and morally YES!! - and as a newbie I will continue to use it .. it doesn't matter how slow I am at learning it .. I'm determined not to opt for a low-quality closed-source proprietary OS .. worse case .. OpenBSD rocks !
Much Thanks to Theo de Raadt and to all the brains behind this marvelous OS
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th November 2012
New User

Could not agree more! I am hoping to get my new system soon. So I will let all you guys know whats up ^_^. Yeah so much hardwork that goes into making all of this possible. Its amazing huh! We can still survive outside of the evil clutches of Micro$oft or Mac. The few the proud indeed.