DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Ports and Packages

FreeBSD Ports and Packages Installation and upgrading of ports and packages on FreeBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd July 2008
New User

Thumbs up Mysql Cluster Questions . . Help!

Hello, I'm trying to start my management server on a Freebsd 7 amd64. When I run it, it says the following:

Code:
-- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
ndb_mgm> show
Unable to connect with connect string: nodeid=0,localhost:1186
Retrying every 5 seconds. Attempts left: 2

I know what it means. The computer can't connect to itseflt through the port 1186.
The thing is that I tried the same configuration but with a Debian server acting as the manager and that does not happen. I want this server to be the manager but it have to be an http server also, so that way I'm using Freebsd before Debian. I tried lots of things but this crap still happen every time. Please help me !

I dont' really know If I compiled the port the right way. First I did make WITH_NDB="yes", then make install and then make clean. Does that include the right way the cluster support ?
Thanks.

Last edited by dcreatorx; 2nd July 2008 at 06:03 PM.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd July 2008
Package Pilot

And what exactly happens when you start your management server? The output you showed tells us that your management client is not unable to connect to the management server. Is you ndb_mgmd process running?

If you have ndbd, your MySQL is *usually* built with NDB support. To make sure it is the case, you can run the following query in any MySQL client: "show engines;". If you have NDB enabled there, everything is fine.

I built a test MySQL server under FreeBSD 7.0 with jails and had 0 problems. Performance was good too. Let me know if you still have issues/questions.

Good luck.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 2nd July 2008
New User

Default that's it.

Hi. That's it . . . I noticed taht debian uses by deault the "ndb_mgmd" daemon. But I can't find it on the installation under Freebsd. I tryed to find information about it during hours at job today, but sincerely, I didn't find a whole thing, even any documentation about it. Can you please tell me where is the script that launches the ndb_mgmd daemon ?

Thanks a lot.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 3rd July 2008
Package Pilot

There is no startup script for this daemon (on FreeBSD and RHEL at least).The ndb_mgmd binary resides somewhere under /usr or /var.
Code:
# find /var | grep ndb
should point you out all the files with ndb in their name under the /var directory. After, you can start the daemon with ndb_mgmd -c <config>.