DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 7th December 2008
New User

Default Support FreeBSD. Spark Some Interest For Adobe!

I first posted a thread at the FreeBSD forums about a petition I saw about Adobe creating a native flash player for FreeBSD and I immediately thought that the FreeBSD community should stop wining and actually do something about this dilemma. I'm currently looking for a group of people to join me so we could plan ways to spark some media interest and get the message across. Also now that there is both PC-BSD and DesktopBSD aimed at FreeBSD for desktop usage I think Adobe should create a native flash player even more.

FreeBSD Forum Thread: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?p=4847

Either PM me or e-mail me at citsakots@gmail.com if you want to help so we can discuss some plans for the future.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 7th December 2008
Banned

I like Carpersmoker's petition more.

http://www.daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=1103
http://forums.freebsd.org/showpost.p...2&postcount=13
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th December 2008
New User

I would prefer the wishes of that petition but the reality of things is that it's easier to get a company to release a program to another OS then to stop the whole thing at once .
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th December 2008
New User

** Major Edit ** I currently have two more people working with me now. They feel that FreeBSD should have it's own native Flash and were still looking for more people to help. Contact me at citsakots@gmail.com if you want to help.
  #5   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th December 2008
Administrator

Are you also working for a 64 bit Flash for other architectures like sparc64.?
Adobe should provide documentation about Flash. That way people can implement it for
the platform they are interested in.

BTW posting your email address twice in a public forum is a guaranteed recipe for spam. Please don't blame the forum administration for that
  #6   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th December 2008
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J65nko View Post
Are you also working for a 64 bit Flash for other architectures like sparc64.?
Adobe should provide documentation about Flash. That way people can implement it for
the platform they are interested in.

BTW posting your email address twice in a public forum is a guaranteed recipe for spam. Please don't blame the forum administration for that
Spam will always find it's way in anyway . So that's no problem. That's not the current plan but if you want to then contact me and we could discuss it with the group.