DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th September 2008
New User

Default minimal jail install with sysinstall

Dear all,

I am trying to do a "minimal" install into a jail with sysinstall. I am using 6.3-RELEASE-p1, now when I go to commit I get an error that sysinstall can´t find that distribution on that server. I tried to use the URL option and entered ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/po...s-6.3-release/
that doesn't work either.

Can anyone offer any advice?

what does the "p1" mean?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th September 2008
Spam Refugee

p1 means patchlevel 1, i.e. 6.3-RELEASE with the first round of patches (security/binary updates) incorporated.

You're trying to load that distribution form a package repository, which is not where it will be. Try finding the right path under ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 8th September 2008
New User

Thanks DutchDaemon!

I have tried pointing sysinstall to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/re...6/6.3-RELEASE/ then in to /base and /src with no luck. I don't really see any other options. Not really quite sure when to download that specific release "p1" from.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 16th September 2008
New User

Dear all,

Can anyone please help me, I am very new at FreeBSD. I have been reading freebsd.org, thur the release and security sections. I still haven't found anything that can help.

Can anyone point me in the right direction... Is there a server that is dedicated to 6.3-RELEASE-p1? Sorry for being so useless, but I am lost and very new at this. many thanks in advance