DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > DaemonForums.org > Feedback and Suggestions

Feedback and Suggestions We want to hear your thoughts and ideas!

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd January 2011
Daemonology student

Default Elinks vs Daemonforums

Hi.

Is there anything special (e.g. compression) with daemonforums? Among many websites and forums, this is the only one I've ever seen that elinks fails to display. I can reload as many times as I want, it always says OK (on the status bar) but displays absolutely nothing. When I check the page's HTML source, I see a normal header from the DOCTYPE up to some point in the CSS code, and then it's completely garbled, as in:
Code:
[...]
        color: #FFFFFF;                                                                                                                                            
        text-decoration: none;                                                                                                                                     
}                                                                                                                                                                  
.vbmenu_hilite a:hover, .vbmenu_hilite a:active, .vbmenu_hilite_a*o*&***`%.,:^**n*.d*E[N@*B**...-.**.****C&w!,'.a*6*.?*|.b*.i*&**Gm`*.*c.O.s****$*..*S*glq.#.q@~*n.
y.V***.za`R*].S*dHZ.d**g**.!/                                                                                                                                      
*g*^    `%2}&0*3-.*I*.*.|2f3ulRr.**X*c..*.(".A*n.hh**.*]****.***.*.*N**Wcj]*******;******C*6 **..****~**-t...P.*z.O4.***YD'Æ***V****u                              
.Y.[A***?*;***%*v**     .*.\fw*[sK*m..m+N**^**aM**M:*'****c.*.;~bO.&.*                                                                                             
*Z._**.<**c**/*VDnon.?~***=.*FH*=*******?*.*.**X?**********.**dw**[*#**.;**u.*B\**.*F**                                                                            
*+hn*5*/*N&****W.**a*.*$**j.**.*+x.q**{\O!!**g*%*O*@.*:Z.*F**Y***.-zR6*n        ,9$MrC***O**%*o**h*.**>**E<6e*]z*.*5.***bd6***.xLl*|H*'******l..M*k*.*.**b.!*$*p.o*
*\.*c*C.*n***aR.*J.y*&8*Ca(**n**]JY**.***.*H*.@.*u..*.c."*.>"**.*lg*Tw*+*|*|***>O.Lw****-*mC*V...**p3.*Pr.*..*!*t*XK*aiU.i****Z1***6.=**=6*v**z.$***L*.Q*
[...]
And it goes on like that...

All other browsers, whether graphic or text-based, display it normally.

Anyone having the same problem? Anyone has an explanation or suggestion?

Thanks.
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd January 2011
Too dumb for a smartphone

It works for me, ELinks 0.12pre5 under Linux. I can try with NetBSD tomorrow.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd January 2011
Daemonology student

Thanks for testing. Probably some bug in 0.11 then.

EDIT: confirmed. I just compiled the 0.12 "unstable GIT snapshot" from the official website and I'm posting this using it.

Last edited by Beastie; 23rd January 2011 at 01:14 AM.
  #4   (View Single Post)  
Old 23rd January 2011
Banned

I had a similar problem before with midori.
Right now, I'm using elinks on a B&W G3 running OpenBSD-4.8.