DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading

OpenBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading OpenBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 31st January 2009
Spam Deminer

Default 4.4 on macmini ppc xorg problem

I finally decided to upgrade, and unfortunately I have a big problem with xorg, actually with the ati driver.
Until version 4.3 there was a "iBooksHacks" option that worked pretty well. Now it has been changed into "MacModel". I've tried all the models written in the man page with no success.
The problem is: I can get into X, but then I cannot go back to console, the computer would freeze, the monitor would display "input not supported" and I can't even get in from a different machine, I can only cut the power.
I'v tried also without the "MacModel' option, and I can still get into X but no way back.

If anyone has any idea to solve the problem it would be great, otherwise I guess I''l be obliged to switch back to 4.3.

tks