DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD General

FreeBSD General Other questions regarding FreeBSD which do not fit in any of the categories below.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th February 2010
New User

Default installing linux packages

okay, i've got the teamspeak3 beta15 linux ia32 .run package

already tried teamspeak 2.0, setup binary emulation
compiled the compat libs for it [linux-base_f10] w/e

anyways, .run isn't an rpm --install
so wtf do i use?
anyone know? or can tell me if it's aptitude/apt and how to get/install that directly? plz <3
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th February 2010
New User

Default .run [makeself 2.1.6]

figured it out,
once i found out it was basically a shell script i got super confused
how can i be su'd
...and it still say permission denied?
i got it tho, thx all
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 13th February 2010
Arp Constable

If you stopped to inspect the file first, you would have noticed that it is merely a shell script with the archive data (e.g. tar) appended to it. You would want to chroot into the Linux layer and run the self installering file.

If memory serves, the TeamSpeak3 client depends on Qt, Speex, and FMOD. You will need to install Linux versions of those into the Linux compatibility environment (e.g. /usr/compat/linux/). I assume you mean the client, rather then an outdated version of the server. Your principal challenge will be setting up a Linux version of Qt; I believe you will at least need 4.5.x, but the latest 4.6.1 should be compatible. The only Linux version of Qt available in ports is Qt3.3, and the principal reason I did not bother to submit an audio/teamspeak3_client port, when my group moved from TS2RC to TS3Beta.

The FreeBSD handbook explains the typical process of installing a Linux RPM, it really is 'that simple'. Doing things manually is much the same way. You will need to install the dependencies for TeamSpeak 3 before it can run.

Thou shalt check the array bounds of all strings (indeed, all arrays), for surely where thou typest ``foo'' someone someday shall type ``supercalifragilisticexpialidocious''.