DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD Installation and Upgrading

NetBSD Installation and Upgrading Have trouble getting NetBSD on your toaster?

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 9th November 2016
New User

Default NetBSD/Alpha and installing Xorg

Hi,

I have revived a Digital PWS600au which runs currently NetBSD 7.0.2-RELEASE. I would like to run X on it. NetBSD/Alpha comes by default with a XFree86 version, but afaik specifically for the TurboChannel architecture and this doesn't work on on a PWS.

So I'm trying to install Xorg on it. Building Xorg from pkgsrc fails however because pkgsrc lacks some patches required for the Alpha. The other options are (I think) some binary install, or building from source (/usr/xsrc).

Does anyone know what is the best way to install Xorg on a Digital PWS running NetBSD?

Regards,
Marco
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 10th November 2016
New User

With the help of the netbsd x11 mailing list I finally managed to crossbuild and install NetBSD 7.0.2-RELEASE with Xorg on a faster machine. I'm happy that went well, but unfortunately encountered a new problem with the kernel. But that is something for a new thread.