Off-Topic Everything else.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th May 2008
VPN Cryptographer

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpetsmoker View Post
It's called SMIL
In addition, much can be accomplished with CSS2, now that CSS2 support is improving in IE.
The upcoming XHTML2 also offers a richer set of interactive stuff.
SVG also offers animation features.
Either I've been sleeping under a rock, or they have found themselves in the same boat as ogg. I'll have to check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpetsmoker View Post
Also, mp3 is an open standard ...
That's quite debatable. Their is a lot of controversy over their licensing and who actually owns the patents, etc. (remind you of another thread on this board). I think I heard where they (whoever thinks they own it) were or are thinking of going after users now to collect licensing fees. And many Linux distros don't even provide mp3 support anymore for fear of being sued - you have to get them from third parties in an almost cyber-black market.

I also think that it mp3 an inferior format to ogg, but that my be a bit subjective.
And the WORD was made flesh, and dwelt among us. (John 1:14)