DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > NetBSD > NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc)

NetBSD Package System (pkgsrc) Installation and upgrading of packages on NetBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 25th December 2011
New User

Default What next? I need a desktop. Want Gnome.

OK, I got to the point where it is time to re-boot. I do that and get the command prompt. So the guide says it's time to customize. I created a non-root user/pwd. I initialized the ssh. I got into basic configuration: I got into 5.15 -- Using packages from pkgsrc, entered the command to point to the repositury exactly as stated in the guide. I also browsed the repository in both http and ftp modes. Can't find a package for gnome. Found a whole bunch related to gnome, but which is the current one for the desktop that will install everything at once? Is the guide wrong when it tells how to specify the repository? Maybe someone can give the correct statement to set the repository, and then the correct statement to install gnome for the current 5.1 release. Thank you very much.