DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > FreeBSD > FreeBSD Installation and Upgrading

FreeBSD Installation and Upgrading Installing and upgrading FreeBSD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   (View Single Post)  
Old 17th June 2008
Port Guard

Default PC-BSD 1.5.1 fails to install

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I have a system with two SATA2 drives and one IDE drive. I have taken an interest in multibooting over the past few months and now have Windows Versions as well as Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. Today I thought I would have a look at a Unix based system. I downloaded and burned PC-BSD version 1.5.1 Each time I boot the disk it reports, "Attempt to query device size failed. Not ready. Medium not present." After 3 tries it reboots and finally when it reaches this point in the boot process, it goes through the same failed attemts and reboots again. Any suggestions as to the possible cause would be much appreciated.