DaemonForums  

Go Back   DaemonForums > OpenBSD > OpenBSD Packages and Ports

OpenBSD Packages and Ports Installation and upgrading of packages and ports on OpenBSD.

#1   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd July 2015
New User

Default 'sh' architecture for 5.7

Hi,

My landisk uses the 'sh' architecture. With 5.6, packages for the sh architecture were available. But with 5.7 I don't see a sh folder on the mirrors.

Can I install the packages from 5.6? And will there be new sh-packages in the future?
  #2   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd July 2015
More noise than signal

It appears that at this time, there are no pre-built packages for the architecture for 5.7 or for snapshots of -current. The mirrors all replicate from ftp.openbsd.org, which is where I just looked.

I do not recall seeing your question appear on any of the Project mailing lists I subscribe to (misc@, ports@, tech@ ...) but it could be that there is a resource issue, or there may be a technical problem. Or, it may be an oversight and packages just have not yet been uploaded to the main distribution server.

I recommend you ask this question on the misc@ mailing list, as the architecture does not currently have a specific mailing list of its own.

If it is a resource constraint, it may be that you will have to build packages for your architecture yourself, rather than rely on the Project for them.
  #3   (View Single Post)  
Old 22nd July 2015
New User

Thanks,

I will send a message to the mailing list.

Regards.